Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

Boxing day, 2008

I admit it: I've been slack.

I know I haven't blogged lately, and I have a couple of cameras worth of shots to upload. But I have two words for you: Blame Santa.

Yes, the time for end of year/Christmas craziness has well and truly fallen upon the Aussies in Auckland, and I've not had a moment to blog. Or shop. Or do much of anything apart from work and kid-wrangling. Oh, and shouting.

We've been too busy! There have been carols by candlelight, nights out, summer festivals, parties, Santa parades, school break-ups, and more ...

And forget about Christmas shopping. (I'm thinking Santa is going to need more than a few little helpers this year...)!

Anyway, I will post about all the fab things we've been enjoying in and around Auckland, as soon as I get time. But in the meantime, I would love to wish you and yours all the best for the festive season.


This year, we're heading home to Australia to spend our Christmas with family.
I loved Christmas in Auckland last year. The flaming pohutakawa trees, the Franklin Road lights, the near-empty and not-boiling-hot beaches, and the fact that Auckland empties out over the holidays.

But we did miss our family and friends, so it will be nice to share the festivities with them this year.
Merry Christmas to all my dear readers and followers and thanks for your comments and emails during the year.
I hope Santa is kind to you and that you're not feeling quite as stressed as I am!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Have a fabulous time with your family! Very best wishes for the New Year too :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh yes me too! This year it really crept up on me in the most insane way! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year (and I hope the stress disappears :) )

MrsDesperate said...

Thank you lovelies. I wish the same for you. x

Fire and ice ...

You can take the Brissie girl out of New Zealand, but you can't take NZ out of the girl. Or something like that. What I mean is that al...